22 Nov A final report/presentation (225 points) ? a Microsoft PowerPoint document containing slides of the following types: C
Posted at 08:01h in Information Systems
A final report/presentation (225 points) – a Microsoft PowerPoint document containing slides of the following types:
- Executive summary
- Project motivation/background
- Data description
- Data preparation activities
- Models used – at least three distinct techniques (with screenshots of related SAS EM output)
- Managerial/business implications
- References (if needed)
- There is no Word document. The report is in the form of a PowerPoint Presentation.
- Not just screenshots. Because the report is a PowerPoint Presentation you may be tempted to just insert a bunch of screenshots. I do want screenshots of models, results, etc. but they should be annotated so I have some sense of why they are there and what I am supposed to take from the slide.
- Keep it tight. Fully explaining your final project in the form of a PowerPoint (without the benefit of being able to verbally explain during a presentation) should be hard. You need to balance telling a good (and complete) story against generating excessive numbers of slides. If you were presenting I would be looking for about 15 minutes of content. Given that timeline, I would expect approximately 20 slides… this is a guideline and not an absolute, but please try and tell a complete and concise story.
- Tell a coherent story. The story is important… I want to know what you did and why. I want to know what models you ran and which was the best performer. I also want to know what that model says and why that is important to the organization.