14 Jan Explain the importance of autonomy, personal control, empowerment, independence, and self-determination for the elderly
HLTH 450 (PLEASE REMEMBER THE ABSTRACT AND CONCLUSION THANK YOU)
You are working with an older adult of 75 years who has been independent for most of her life. During your discussion, she keeps referring to her daughter carrying out simple tasks that she normally carries out herself. You decide to discuss issues of autonomy, personal control, empowerment, independence, and self-determination. Your goal is to help your client know that it is okay to continue with such tasks if she is comfortable doing so.
Write a new patient encounter report explaining the concepts below and how you would communicate to the client and perhaps her daughter. Address the following:
• Explain the importance of autonomy, personal control, empowerment, independence, and self-determination for the elderly.
• Examine how 4 of these attributes promote successful aging.
• Discuss how you would share the information with your client and her daughter.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
• Title page: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
• Length: 5 pages minimum
• Abstract: This is a summary of your paper, not an introduction. Begin writing in third person.
• Body: This begins on the page following the title page and abstract page and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your paper for this assignment is 5 pages. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
• Reference page: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final page of your paper. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference page is not a bibliography, but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the paper. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.