14 Jan The public budget evolved over time. The Federal Budget, and how it gets made, is a complex, lengthy process that has important
The public budget evolved over time. The Federal Budget, and how it gets made, is a complex, lengthy process that has important implications for Federal, State, and Local agencies. Obviously, funding for each agency is going to affect that agency’s budget. Likewise, federal funding for social programs, for education, and for other programs, such as disaster relief, affects how state and local agencies fund those programs within their own budgets. Choose one federal agency or department from the A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies. Compare the federal budget with the budget of your selected department and note how they are interconnected.In a 3–4 page paper (not including cover and reference page), address the following:
- Prepare a concise history of the public budget. Title this section Public Budget. (Note: This section should not include your selected federal agency or department.)
- Examine the federal budget submission process. Title this section Submission Process.
- Determine if the budget of your selected department or agency supports the mission of the agency or department. Title this section Mission.
- Determine how the budget has affected a policy of the department or agency. Title this section Policy.
- Evaluate how the budget of the agency or department has changed over the last five to ten years. Title this section Budget Changes.
Your assignment must follow these requirements:
- Include a short introduction that addresses the background information of your selected federal agency or department and use the questions as section headers.
- Please include at least four references, not including the president's budget and the budget of the department of your choice. At least two references must be peer-reviewed.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student's name, the professor's name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
- This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course.
- Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Review the federal budget process, its history and evolution.