23 Jan you will explore the CompTIA troubleshooting model. The model includes the following steps: Identify the problem. Estab
Posted at 02:30h in computer science
you will explore the CompTIA troubleshooting model. The model includes the following steps:
- Identify the problem.
- Establish a theory of probable cause.
- Test the theory to determine the cause.
- Establish a plan of action to resolve the problem and identify potential effects.
- Verify full system functionality and if applicable implement preventative measures.
- Document findings, actions, and outcomes.
Now that you are familiar with the steps, follow the instructions below to complete this assignment:
- In a Word document, answer the following questions with a brief summary:
- What advantages does the divide and conquer approach have over top-down or bottom-up?
- What problems might you encounter in a user's description of a problem?
- Consider a technical problem you've solved in the past, whether in IT or some other aspect of life. Identify both the process you followed to solve it and how you would do things differently by following the CompTIA model.
- What steps would you take if you configured a new VM and found it unreachable through the network?
- What would be a good place to check if you're only having connection issues with some kinds of traffic but not others?
- The certificate for one of your servers is expired. It uses strong enough security settings that you're confident no one's cracked its encryption, but why should you still replace it immediately?