11 May As part of your Doctoral journey, you are reading Timothy Keller Every Good Endeavor. On page 41 of the hardcover version of this book, he include
AT LEAST 5 SCHOLARLY SOURCES including the three articles listed in the prompt and a new Journal article on PRODUCT;
NO FIRST PERSON WRITING
INCORPORATE THE BIBLE
PROMPT IS ATTACHED
As part of your Doctoral journey, you are reading Timothy Keller’s book ‘Every Good Endeavor.’
On page 41 of the hardcover version of this book, he included, “Did God create food only to provide for necessity (nutrition) and not also for delight and good cheer? So to the purpose of clothing apart from necessity (protection) was comeliness and decency. In grasses, trees, and fruits, apart from their various uses, there is the beauty of appearance and pleasantness of fragrance…Did he not, in short, render many things attractive to us, apart from their necessary use?”
Additionally, you will explore the concept of Relationship Marketing and, in particular, you will focus on Differentiating Customers by Their Needs. Please answer these questions and use scholarly support for your answers:
1. Why has more progress been made on customer value differentiation than on customer needs differentiation?
2. Is it possible to meet individual needs? Is it feasible? Can you describe three examples where it has been profitable?
3. For each of the following product categories, name a branded example, then hypothesize about how you might categorize customers by their different needs.
· Personal Care (cosmetics, deodorant, toothpaste, etc.)
· Connect the chapter from 'Every Good Endeavor' called 'The Design of Work' to ONE of the examples you provided. For example, a Louis Vuitton handbag holds important items for their consumers from their money and credit cards and many other daily essentials. But a handbag from Walmart works just as effectively. Why is there such a following for Louis Vuitton then? You choose YOUR example. Connect Timothy Keller's excerpt from page 41.