11 May For this last discussion, choose one of the philosophers/thinkers from this week’s readings and apply that person’s ideas to your own life. Specif
For this last discussion, choose one of the philosophers/thinkers from this week's readings and apply that person's ideas to your own life. Specifically:
1. Explain which reading you are focusing on. Briefly summarize.
2. Are these ideas a challenge to you, or are they reinforcing what you already believe? What is your first reaction when encountering new ideas?
3. Explain what you have learned about yourself this semester. It could be from this class, another class, your job, relationships, etc. Are you the same person you were? Are you different? Are you more of yourself?
4. (optional) Is there anything you have learned from your classmates that you want to share with them or thank them for?
350 words minimum
Link to textbook
Topics for the week with page numbers
49. Martin Luther King Jr
61. Neil deGrasse Tyson
63. Elie Wiesel, interview with Bill Moyers
64. Stephen Colbert, from The Colbert Report