13 May For this writing assignment, choose one of the two short answer prompts below and write a two-page, double-spaced paper addressing the questions/topi
For this writing assignment, choose one of the two short answer prompts below and write a two-page, double-spaced paper addressing the questions/topics listed.
1. Analysis and Application:
What new consoles were released as part of the 16bit era? What made them unique and set them apart from their 8bit predecessors? Which one had the best sales figures worldwide and why?
What changes to games and gameplay happened to video games in this era? What genres and franchises evolved, and why?
2. Gameplay Analysis: Choose a Sega or SNES game to play. You can either play one that someone you know has or search online as there are many free emulators. You can pick a game mentioned in this module or one of your own choosing. Play the game for at least 20-30 minutes (or longer if you’d like!) and answer the following questions and prompts.
- What is the name of the game? Who was the original developer?
- Describe the gameplay. Was it easy or hard to figure out how to play the game? Rate the level of difficulty of gameplay based on your experience.
- What is the genre of the game? What are the similarities or differences from more modern games in the same genre?
- What made the game fun? Describe the elements that were the most interesting or boring.
- Imagine that you are a game tester. What bugs or glitches did you find, if any? What changes would you make to this game to make it better?