24 Jun Gathering data is the next step in the research process. For some researchers, that includes doing surveys and/or interviews. For others it means doing secondary analysis,
Gathering data is the next step in the research process. For some researchers, that includes doing surveys and/or interviews. For others it means doing secondary analysis, which simply means looking at what other researchers have done on the topic. Other methods of gathering data include reviewing websites and social media, participant observation, etc. You can read about the full spectrum of social science data gathering in Social Science Research: Principles, Methods, and Practices. (Links to an external site.)
Explore the CSU Global Writing Center's page on Lit Reviews (Links to an external site.) for this assignment and then cover the following:
For the purposes of this assignment, you'll use the topic for your Portfolio, the topic from CT 1, or a new topic (it's up to you) to create a Literature Review based on data you've gathered doing secondary analysis:
- Restate your topic (or state your new topic) clearly and succinctly.
- Explain why your topic is important to Human Services
- Choose only three pieces of data to explore (this is a short paper and you won't have the room to cover much more).
- Tip: If you find more than three and you're using this assignment to help with your Portfolio Project, set it aside.
- Follow the CSU Global Writing Center Template for Writing a Literature Review (Links to an external site.).
Paper Writing Requirements:
- Your paper should be 2-3 pages in length, not including your cover sheet and reference list.Cite at least 3 sources