09 Mar Introductory Speech Outline Overview Strong oral communication skills will be valua
Posted at 02:00h in Uncategorized
Introductory Speech Outline
Strong oral communication skills will be valuable to you throughout your academic journey. They are in high demand by many employers. Creating an outline is critical to your success in crafting an effective speech.
For this assignment, you will create an outline. The speech based on your outline is due next week.
- Select either Topic A or Topic B for your introductory speech.
- Topic A: Elevator Pitch. Deliver an elevator pitch that describes your professional background and experience for a potential employer during a job interview.
- Topic B: Dream Career. Discuss your dream career.
- Create an outline or speaking notes in Microsoft Word.
- Download the Sample Outline [DOCX], which provides guidance for the structure of an outline.
- Focus your speech on 2–3 main points so you'll stay within the 2-minute time limit.
- Submit the completed outline in a Microsoft Word document.
Your assignment will be graded according to the following criteria:
- The outline is complete and on topic.
- The outline provides solid flow for the speech.
- The outline is clear and free from spelling and grammar issues.ï»¿
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Outline a speech using a structured flow and proper spelling and grammar.
Week 2 Assignment Overview: