19 Sep Locate five peer-reviewed articles from scientific journals from 2017?2022 and cite them in proper scientific format. The articles can be (and probably should be) related to your area
Locate five peer-reviewed articles from scientific journals from 2017–2022 and cite them in proper scientific format. The articles can be (and probably should be) related to your area of interest and what you are thinking about for your research proposal. They must be on different information. As an additional source of help, check out the sample research proposals on GAView to see what a literature cited section should look like!
- You need to find and cite three primary literature articles. (10 pts)
- You need to find and cite two secondary literature articles. News articles about scientific findings do not count. Popular science articles in publications like National Geographic also do not count. (5 pts)
- For each article list where you found it (for example, Google Scholar, Google, Science Citation Index, Galileo, etc.) (2 pts)
- Citation format must be consistent throughout the document. (8pts)
Hirayama C, Sakata M. 2002. Chromatographic removal of endotoxin from protein solutions by polymer particles. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 781:419–432.
Liu S, Tobias R, McClure S, Styba G, Shi Q, Jackowski G. 1997. Removal of Endotoxin from Recombinant Protein Preparations. Clin Biochem 30:455–463.
Singh A, Upadhyay V, Upadhyay AK, Singh SM, Panda AK. 2015. Protein recovery from inclusion bodies of Escherichia coli using mild solubilization process. Microb Cell Factories 14:41.
See how the second line is indented? This is called “hanging” indent. You format this by going under the paragraph formatting menu, finding the indentation options, and under special, you’ll find the “hanging” feature. Only the first line of a citation is left-justified. So, if there were more lines to the above example, it would have multiples “hanging” lines:
- All references must be in alphabetical order.
- I recommend looking at the Sample Reference Assignment on GAView.
- One entry must be annotated. This means you write up a five-sentence summary of the paper in your own words. This will help give you practice writing. In fact, each major section of a paper can be summarized in a single paragraph. Yes! It’s possible. (25 pts)