20 Sep Successful businesses regularly analyze their processes to ensure theyre operating as efficiently as possible and maintaining their competitive advantages. Although you can assess a co
I need a 700 word modified SWOT analysis by
- Successful businesses regularly analyze their processes to ensure they’re operating as efficiently as possible and maintaining their competitive advantages. Although you can assess a company in many ways, a common technique is the SWOT analysis. In this assignment, you’ll practice using SWOT analysis to better understand the factors involved in making business decisions that promote sustainable competitive advantage.
Select and research a company from the 2019 Fortune 500 list that demonstrates a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace. You will use this company for the remainder of this class in the design of your Strategic Plan.
Evaluate the selected company’s sustainable competitive advantage using the SWOT analysis technique.
Write a 700 word modified SWOT analysis that includes the following:
- A brief description of the company
- A SWOT Analysis Diagram that includes strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats
- An evaluation of how specific internal factors (strengths and/or weaknesses) support and/or promote a competitive advantage. Examples may include financial, physical, or human resources, access to natural resources, trademarks, patents, or copyrights
- Current processes (employee programs or software systems)
- An evaluation of how specific external factors (opportunities and/or threats) support and/or promote a competitive advantage. Examples may include market trends (new products or technology advancements), economic trends (local and/or global), demographics, regulations (political, environmental, or economic)
- Conclusion with an evaluation of how the company has retained its competitive advantage
- Note: You can view sample SWOT Analyses by visiting the University Library > Databases > B > Business Source Complete: SWOT Analyses.
Format your report following APA guidelines.
Include a minimum of two (2) academic-based references to support your analysis.
Submit your assignment.
- Center for Writing Excellence
- Reference and Citation Generator
- Grammar and Writing Guides