28 Sep Instructions Students will present two case studies in seminar class from their caseload. Offering a brief overview of the client demographics (fictional name, age, gender identity
Students will present two case studies in seminar class from their caseload. Offering a brief overview of the client demographics (fictional name, age, gender identity, marital status, ethnicity and/or race), the student will present a summary of the following in a PowerPoint format:
- How did this individual/group present to the agency and what the client(s) viewed as their challenges
- Describe the biopsychosocial/cultural/spiritual assessment factors of this case.
- Did you, as a social worker, identify additional needs? If so, what were they?
- What did the client identify as their strengths?
- What strengths did you as the social worker identify in this client?
- Describe in detail how the following theories could be applicable to your client and this case:
- Erikson's theory of psychosocial development
- Attachment theory
- Person in Environment perspective
- Cognitive Behavioral Theory
- Strengths Perspective
- Other (name and define the theory or theories)
- What type of intervention(s) did you offer and how does this relate to evidence-based practice (EVP)?
- How did you come to choose this particular intervention?
- Was the client involved in the process? Why or why not?
- Discuss the response of your intervention.
- Outcome and Evaluation
- What was the outcome of this case?
- How does this outcome relate to the EVP research?
- Would you have done anything differently and if so, why?
- Describe in a reflection, how you feel about your ability to work with clients.