20 Nov Choose an interest group that you are a member of, or you would?like to join today.?Explain your choice.? My interest group activities?? Assess and provide examples of your interest g
Useful website: OpenSecrets
Answer questions 1 to 6. Number your answer while copying only the prompt topics.
- My interest group choice
Choose an interest group that you are a member of, or you would like to join today. Explain your choice.
- My interest group activities
Assess and provide examples of your interest group activities (lobby, litigation, campaign contributions, candidates endorsements, education, voter mobilizations).
- My interest group type
Define the type of your interest group) public interests, professional, single-issue advocacy, labor union)
- My interest group target
Identify the level of government (local, state, or federal) that your group targets.
- My interest group and free rider phenomena
Based on your understanding of free rider phenomena, analyze whether your interest group faces this problem. Defend your position with arguments.
- Create astroturfing scenario
Create a fictional short story in which any corporations (examples: Amazon, Facebook, Purdue Pharma, Walmart, ExxonMobil, Apple, etc.) engage in the practice of astroturfing.
This is a totally made-up story through which you demonstrate the understanding and consequences of astroturfing.
- Choose a corporation
- Create or choose the existing government public policy that your corporation will be interested to influence.
- Describe the action that corporation attempts to present as a legitimate grassroot activity
To reach maximum points for this assignment, you need to:
- Answer all 6 questions (do not copy questions, just number your answer)
- Use your words and avoid quotations
- Demonstrate understanding of given topics and terms
- Make a double space format and check for possible grammar errors
- Submit Assignment 3 as MS Word document by the given deadline.