23 Nov What are the current diagnostic methods used to detect the disorder and how is it treated? ?What does the treatment do to the disease-causing agent? ?Does early detection affect the treatmen
one written assignment on any human disorder or disease you may choose. It can be a disorder that is of interest to you, or it may be one that has inflicted a loved one. You are free to choose what you like. It is okay to insert illustrations into your paper if you think they will help, but you need to explain them. Please do not attach them to the end of the report. Do not use them for filler!
Do not write in the first person and use good grammar and sentence structure. SHOULD BE AT LEAST 3 PAGES.
NOTE: YOUR PAPER WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CHECKED FOR PLAGERISM. A
PHRASE OR SENTENCE IS NOT AN ISSUE. HOWEVER, MULTIPLE SENTENCES OR
PARAGRAPHS WILL RESULT IN SEVERE POINT DEDUCTIONS. THE MAXIMUM
TURNITIN SCORE SHOULD BE IN THE AREA OF 25%
. Your paper should include the following information, if possible.
1) Provide a brief history of the disorder. When was it first diagnosed and by whom?
2) What are the symptoms? What do the disease-causing agents do to cause those
symptoms? You must address the biology (physiological, cellular, or molecular) of the
disorder. Failure to do so will result in a significant deduct.
3) What are the current diagnostic methods used to detect the disorder and how is it
treated? What does the treatment do to the disease-causing agent? Does early
detection affect the treatments applied? Again, address the biology here. Exactly
how the disease-causing agent is affected by the treatment.
4) What are the success rates of the treatment or the prognosis for recovery?
5) Is there any “cutting edge” research in progress that may improve the treatment of the
disorder in the future?
6) Bibliography -ANY FORMAT YOU CHOOSE.
You must cite 2-3 sources for this paper. It is okay to use internet sources as long as
the URLs are .edu, .gov, or .org. If you have to use .com websites, make sure they are
legitimate.. Make sure the reader can easily trace the location of your sources should
they want to investigate them directly.