26 May Define lymphedema. What is elephantiasis? Provide t
Posted at 08:32h in Nursing
500 words, formatted and cited in proper current APA style with support from at least 2 academic sources.
Part 1: Lymphatic
- Define lymphedema.
- What is elephantiasis?
- Provide the differential diagnosis of mumps versus cervical adenitis.
Part 2: Thorax and Lungs
- Define and provide an example of a disease/situation where this sign/symptom might be present:
- Paroxysmal nocturnal dyspnea
- Kussmaul breathing
- Periodic breathing (Cheyne-Stokes).
- Support your answer with a previous experience you have encountered in your career.
Part 3: Cardiovascular System
- Name and write the location of the five traditionally designated auscultatory areas and explain why it is heard there.
- A pregnant patient (32 weeks’ gestation) is having difficulty with dependent edema and painful varicosities. What can you suggest to help this patient’s problem and explain rationale?