08 Nov Edit your plan based on any instructor or collegial feedback from Week 4. Proof and finalize the plan. It should include the following information: Company synopsis:?This is a?snapsh
Edit your plan based on any instructor or collegial feedback from Week 4. Proof and finalize the plan. It should include the following information:
- Company synopsis: This is a snapshot of the company, what it sells, and the number of employees.
- Management’s philosophy on employee communication: An example of a management philosophy could be that any important communication about the company’s activities are shared internally before being shared externally on the Internet or in a news release.
- Goals of the communication plan: One possible goal could be to help employees be more productive by establishing a clear and effective employee communication plan. The plan can be viewed as an organizational diagnostic that provides employees with consistent, accurate, and regular information about the company's business goals and objectives.
- Target audience characteristics: The plan should take into account cultural, gender, and linguistic differences to help employees understand the goals of the organization.
- Communication tools: These can include various deliverables, including e-mails, newsletters, e-blasts, brochures, reports, conferences, employee meetings, and more.
- Communication channels: Communication channels include internal and external Web sites, public relations venues, visits or speeches from management, and more.
This week, add the following sections to your final plan:
- Review the evaluation methods for your plan. How will you communicate results to management on a regular basis? Consider a monthly report, management briefings, updates, and a yearly summary for board presentations.
- Describe how you plan to deal with the negative emotions (from employees or other audience groups) that often accompany bad news or other information.
Finally, prepare the opening of the oral presentation that will describe your completed plan to management.
In your presentation notes, add 1 strategy for each of the following:
- Reading the emotions of management: What to look for and how to respond
- Dealing with any negative responses or emotions to the plan: Ways to resolve any possible conflict in the meeting
- Finding approval for the plan: Continuing the meeting by moving past any negative emotions (resulting in a win-win for everyone involved)
Add your presentation notes to the end of the plan.
Provide 5–6 sources other than your textbook to support your answer. Use APA style for citations.
The materials found in the MUSE may help you with this assignment such as the presentation Emotions in Communication.