09 Nov Discuss what is happening on a cellular level with the disease process. Be careful to realize that patients have co-morbidities and you may need to discuss the other diseases impact o
Discuss what is happening on a cellular level with the disease process. Be careful to realize that patients have co-morbidities and you may need to discuss the other diseases impact on the pathophysiology and care of the patient. Three (3) resources after 2008 are required along with APA format.
Endocrine Case Study
You meet a 35-year-old woman who is thin, anxious, who cannot seem to sit still. She is sweating although the room temperature is 68 degrees Fahrenheit. She has bulging eyes and a staring appearance. Her skin is smooth and moist, and her hair is fine. She states that she is always and and that she does not button the top buttons on her blouses anymore, because her collars are too tight. Lab results show that she has Grave’s disease.
1. Given her diagnosis, what should she expect regarding her weight and appetite?
2. Why is she always warm?
3. What is the basic pathophysiology of Grave’s disease?
4. What would you expect to see when you evaluate her vital signs and why do these findings occur?
5. What is the term used to describe her protruding eyes and why are they protruding?
6. Why are her collars too tight?
7. What medications would you expect to see ordered for this patient?
8. What complication(s) would you want to discuss with this patient to seek further medical attention?