21 Nov Choose a publicly traded company for whom you can find a 10K SEC filing. You can pick the company you work for or a company in an industry you would like to learn about. 3. Go here: h
Choose a publicly traded company for whom you can find a 10K SEC filing. You can pick the company you work for or a company in an industry you would like to learn about.
3. Go here: https://www.sec.gov/edgar/search-and-access then search for the 10-K.
4. Alternately go to that company’s website and look in its investor relations page to see if they have posted the 10-K there (Costco did this).
For general information on the SEC: http://www.sec.gov/about/whatwedo.shtml
For information on the 10K: http://www.sec.gov/answers/form10k.htm and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Form_10-K
WRITING PROMPT: Read the 10K SEC filing and focus on the following:
1. What business are they in? Did they define it the way you would think? How do theymake money?
2. Read through their risks Which are the most concerning Which kind affect everyone in their industry?o Which affects everyone in the world?o Pick an example of each to discuss.
3. Which stock listing does this stock trade on? Costco traded on the NASDAQ.
4. Read management’s discussion. What was the key point that they tried to emphasize?
5. Who is their auditor?
6. Financial statements – pick the note for one of the below and tell me about Inventory method Allowance for doubtful accounts method Depreciation method
7. Conclude by explaining briefly why I should or should not buy this company’s stock at the current market value. Find the current market value on the web.
No more than 2 pages.