22 Nov Social determinants of health could be interrelated and could be the reason for unhealthy or risky health behaviors and attributes that lead to negative outcomes. Public health offici
Social determinants of health could be interrelated and could be the reason for unhealthy or risky health behaviors and attributes that lead to negative outcomes. Public health officials must constantly look for ways in which they can eliminate some of these problems in society.
For the Unit VII Case Study, you will take on the role of a public health leader in your community and develop a plan for other officials that addresses the following.
1) Describe a social determinant of health in your community that has produced health risks and outcomes.
2) Based on your research, what do you see as the biggest issue facing your community?
3) Describe how the community is presently tackling the problem through the local public health department.
4) Propose a resolution for the health risk and outcome caused by the social determinants.
5) Explain how these unhealthy behaviors and attributes could be reduced or eradicated in the society.
6) How would you reduce medical costs in your community?
7) Explain how the government can implement your plan into law for the common good.
Your case study must be a minimum of three pages in length, excluding the title and reference pages. To support your ideas, use a minimum of three outside sources. Additionally, use a source that focuses on your community, such as a newspaper or journal article. Remember that all written assignments must be formatted using APA style, including in-text citations and references.