27 Jan Overview For the Week 2 activity, you selected a health services organization (HSO) and then developed five research questions to gain a better understandin
For the Week 2 activity, you selected a health services organization (HSO) and then developed five research questions to gain a better understanding of the financial condition of your chosen HSO; its budget preparation process; and fiscal planning strategies related to the financial management of the organization. For this assignment, you will provide thorough responses to each question and report your key findings.
Using the HSO you identified in the Week 2 activity, use the Strayer Library and other reputable sources to locate publicly available financial information that will provide you with the answers to the five questions you developed in Week 2.
You will then write a three-page paper in which you include each of the following components:
- Develop an introduction to your chosen healthcare organization.
- The name of the selected organization and background information, such as its location, size, focus, services provided, demographics of patients served, for-profit or nonprofit status, et cetera.
- Indicate whether the organization has a separate finance or business department and, if so, who is responsible for the department.
- Any other information that may help explain the chosen organization. For example, is it unique in how its finances are managed? If so, how?
- Develop research-based answers to the five previously created questions.
- A response to each of the five questions you created in Week 2. This should include specific information pertaining to the chosen healthcare organization's budget preparation process, fiscal planning strategies, and how the financial condition of the organization is routinely monitored and corrective actions are taken when necessary.
- Assess any differences and similarities between what you have learned from the textbook, videos, and other readings with what you have learned in your research.
- This is the section of the paper where you assess any differences between what you have learned in this course and what is reflected in your research. This is also an opportunity to identify connections between cost and quality and explore the interplay of performance improvement, regulatory compliance, provider relationships, and payors. Keep in mind that the background and context of the organization play a role in how these pieces fit together.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The library is your home for SWS assistance, including citations and formatting. Please refer to the Library site for all support. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.