31 Jan Was That Harassment? HBR Case Questions What makes a comment inappropriate? The intention of the speaker, the impression of the listener, or an objective standard? Did Jac
Posted at 10:33h in Law
Was That Harassment?
HBR Case Questions
- What makes a comment inappropriate? The intention of the speaker, the impression of the listener, or an objective standard?
- Did Jackson mean any harm? Should this matter?
- From what we know of the different categories of sexual harassment, how would you categorize Jackson’s specific behavior?
- Does Rainer have an ethical dilemma? What were his responsibilities to his employer and to his co-workers?
- Should it matter that Teaira did not appreciate Rainer’s interference?
- What should be Jackson’s consequence?
- Is Coltra innocent? How could Coltra have handled the incident better? Is there anything Coltra could or should have done to avoid the situation entirely?
- Which parties have legal liability? Under what laws, theories and/or causes of action?