04 Feb Prior to beginning work on this assignment, Review Chapter 10 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice. Review Special Topic 5 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Cho
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
- Review Chapter 10 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice.
- Review Special Topic 5 of Macroeconomics: Private and Public Choice (pages 441 to 448).
- Review Chapters 1, 3, and 6 of Inflation: What It Is, Why It’s Bad, and How to Fix It.
For this assignment, you will upload your PowerPoint deck with speaker notes to your ePortfolio, in addition to Waypoint. You will provide the link to your recorded video presentation in Folio. You will be provided with additional information on how to submit your assignment. Learn more about Folio, UAGC’s ePortfolio tool, by reviewing the Folio Quick Start GuideLinks to an external site..
For this assignment, assume the role of an economic advisor to Steve Forbes. Using this week’s required resources and at least two additional credible sources, prepare an 8-10 slide audio PowerPoint presentation, with speaker notes, to communicate with Mr. Forbes about the pandemic’s causes and responses.
Address the following questions in your presentation:
- What was the economic impact of COVID-19? Address any monetary and fiscal policies used during or after COVID-19.
- Has the crisis changed the structure of the U.S. economy?
- Were there differences between countries on how they handled the crisis? Provide at least one economic policy example.
- What economic advice would you give Mr. Forbes to avoid difficulties in similar situations?
In this presentation include an additional section with the following:
- Explain economic activity during or after COVID-19 using research from the library and/or an online article. Be sure to include the reference material for the article.
- Analyze the underlining fiscal and monetary policies (if any) inherent within your selected article.
- Summarize the economic principles you have learned from your selected article and how they could apply to modern government policy.
The COVID-19: Causes and Responses recorded video presentation
- must be eight to ten slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA StyleLinks to an external site. as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint PresentationLinks to an external site. resource.
- must include a separate title slide with the following in title case:
- title of presentation in bold font
- Space should appear between the title and the rest of the information on the title slide.
- student’s name
- name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- course name and number
- instructor’s name
- due date
- title of presentation in bold font
- must utilize academic voice. Review the Academic VoiceLinks to an external site. resource for additional guidance.
- must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
- Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your presentation.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & ConclusionsLinks to an external site. and Writing a Thesis StatementLinks to an external site., refer to the Writing Center resources.
- must use at least two credible sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible SourcesLinks to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source.
- To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, review Quick and Easy Library ResearchLinks to an external site. tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
- must document any information used from sources in APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s APA: Citing Within Your PaperLinks to an external site. guide.
- must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Review the APA: Formatting Your References ListLinks to an external site. resource in the Writing Center for specifications.