09 Feb What is the chief advantage of using preassigned UDP port numbers? The chief disadvantages? What is the chief advantage of using protocol ports instead of process identifiers to specif
Answer the following questions in depth
- What is the chief advantage of using preassigned UDP port numbers? The chief disadvantages?
- What is the chief advantage of using protocol ports instead of process identifiers to specify the destination within a machine?
- UDP provides unreliable datagram communication because it does not guarantee delivery of the message. Devise a reliable datagram protocol that uses timeouts and acknowledgements to guarantee delivery. How much network overhead and delay does reliability introduce?
- TCP uses a finite field to contain stream sequence numbers. Study the protocol specification to find out how it allows an arbitrary length stream to pass from one machine to another.
- Lost TCP acknowledgements do not necessarily force retransmissions. Explain why.
- What are the arguments for and against automatically closing idle connects?
Suppose an implementation of TCP uses initial sequence number 1 when it creates a connection. Explain how a system crash and restart can confuse a remote system into believing that the old connection remained open.
Note: Strictly No copy paste, Plagiarism results in course termination. Please include references, please do the assignment in APA FORMATE.
I want this assignment by 02/09/2024