05 Apr First, ?think about your individual health and health risks, by considering what genetic disease
First, think about your individual health and health risks, by considering what genetic diseases or problems are prevalent in your family. Do you have a predisposition to breast cancer, diabetes, hypertension or any other disease? You may consider your own health risks or those of other individuals such as a family member or friend. Then, in a paper of 750–1,000 words, address the following:
Evaluating Risk for Disease
- What genetic diseases or problems did you identify to be potential issues?
- Choose one of these diseases and provide an introduction of the disease, including the reason why this would be considered to be a genetic/inherited disease?
- Discuss the major signs/symptoms of the disorder. Research the mode of inheritance for your chosen disease and provide a thorough discussion of the mode of inheritance. If you are not able to find a specific mode of inheritance, provide a hypothesis for the mode of inheritance. Explain your reasoning thoroughly.
- What information would help an individual who has been recently diagnosed with the disease?
- What would you say to a family member who is also at risk for developing the disease? What should they know about passing this disease trait to their children?