09 Apr conversation that arises when people disagree about what is true or false, accurate or inaccurate
1. What is an argument?
A. A conversation that arises when people disagree about what is true or false, accurate or inaccurate
B. An effort to change someone’s mind about a controversial topic or issue
C. Both A and B
D. The foundation of all good relationships
1. We get our 5 paragraph essay structure from the ______________ model of arguments.
1. If an argument uses appeals to ethos, it appeals to a person’s sense of authority, ethics and tradition.
1. An appeal to logos attempts to engage a person’s need to be understood.
1. What is analysis?
A. Determining how the parts of a whole work together to create meaning.
B. The process of studying the nature of something by determining it’s essential features.
C. A skill that can be applied to both written and visual arguments.
D. All of the above
1. The act of articulating your position in an argument is a
1. When analyzing a text, you will focus on assessing
Words that are repeated
The tone of the text.
They types of evidence being used
The main argument of the text