28 Apr For this discussion, first complete the following readings: The Norton Field Guide: Revisin
For this discussion, first complete the following readings:
- The Norton Field Guide: Revising pp. 350-355, Chapter 33 (pp. 356-360)
- Little Seagull Handbook: "Revising" and "Editing and Proofreading" in W-3
- Revision – from MIT's Department of Global Studies and Languages
- Anne Lamott's essay, "Shitty First Drafts" Anne Lamott's essay, "Shitty First Drafts" – Alternative Formats
In Paragraph 1, Briefly describe your revision process. Do you relate to any of the challenges noted in Anne Lamott's "Shitty First Drafts"? Share one tip or tactic that you found useful from the technique readings. Remember to cite Lamott's essay. (100 words minimum)
In Paragraph 2 & 3, Post one paragraph from your Final Argumentative Essay in its original drafted form and then post a revision of the same paragraph. (2 separate paragraphs)
In Paragraph 4, Share your strategy for revising. What changes did you make and why? (100 words minimum)
**Include a reference for "Shitty First Drafts" and any other sources you engage**
- You should cite and reference your readings this week.
- Your initial post (minimum 2 paragraphs, 250+ words).