03 May Using a Health Policy Model to Develop a Change in Policy to Improve the Public?s Health In a Mic
Using a Health Policy Model to Develop a Change in Policy to Improve the Public’s Health
In a Microsoft Word document of 2-3 pages formatted in APA style, you will focus on the methods to develop a change in policy to improve the public’s health by using a health policy model.
Suppose you want to initiate a policy of taxing sugared sodas/pop/beverages in your community. In your paper, address each of the following criteria:
- Use the Longest’s policy cycle model to structure your proposed policy.
- What arguments would you use to make the case for the policy?
- What argument(s) would your opponents make?
- How would you go about getting buy-in for your proposed policy?
- What stakeholder groups need to be involved in promoting your policy?
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
• APA Citation Helper
• APA Citations Quick Sheet
• APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
• Basic Essay Template
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.