09 Jun Explain why carbohydrates are needed in a diet Identify foods that are rich in carbohydrates Desc
- Explain why carbohydrates are needed in a diet
- Identify foods that are rich in carbohydrates
- Describe the body’s handling of glucose
For this discussion, the student will: Watch the following video, "What are carbohydrates?" https://youtu.be/wxzc_2c6GMg
Complete the “Risk of Diabetes Assessment”
Diabetes Risk Assessment: https://www.diabetes.org/risk-test (COMPLETED ALREADY BY ME, SEE ATTACHMENT FOR SCORE), and answer the following:
1. Were you surprised by your results?
2. Can you prevent or delay Type 2 diabetes?
3. Share with the class at least 2 strategies to lower your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
4. Provide at least 2 signs or symptoms of hypoglycemia.
Please include at least 2 sources for citation, articles or books. APA 7 ed. No websites cited.