09 Jun Choose a victim who has been highlighted in the news, your choice must be approved by your instructor
Choose a victim who has been highlighted in the news, your choice must be approved by your instructor. Conduct research on the case and what happened to the victim. In 1000 words, do the following:
1. Summarize the case.
2. Describe specific victimology theories that fit the scenario of the person chosen.
3. Describe what protections and/or legal resources were available for the victim.
4. Discuss the conditions that may have existed, or environmental factors, that led to the person chosen becoming a victim.
5. Describe what resources the victim is using or has used. If he or she did not use a specific resource for victims, what would you recommend for the victim?
Use four scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite
1. Review chapter 1 in Introduction to Criminology: Why Do They Do It?
2. Watch “Tricked” [Video file] from Films on Demand (2013).
3. Read “Socio-Economic Impact of Violent Crime” from Bureau of Justice Statistics. (2014).
4. Explore the Office for Victims of Crime website from the Office of Justice Programs.
5. Read “Part II: Victimology” by Redondo, Garrido, & Pérez, (Eds.) In Publications of the European Association of Psychology and Law: Advances in Psychology and Law: International Contributions. (2011).
6. Read “A Behavior Analytic Perspective on Victimology,” by Dillenburger, from International Journal of Behavioral Consultation & Therapy (2007).
6. "Anita: Speaking Truth to Power" reveals the