09 Jun Assignment 2- Socrates, Plato, or Aristotle Read either Chapter 5 (Aristotle). Write an essay that ex
Assignment 2- Socrates, Plato, or Aristotle
Read either Chapter 5 (Aristotle). Write an essay that explains that philosophers’ main ideas as presented in the text and in other research* you might conduct. Recall the Key Idea from PowerPoint 2. In what ways do you see the influence of the philosopher you chose on our thinking today?
The purpose of this essay is to develop your skill in talking about philosophical ideas that you find in a text and to bring you to a deeper insight into these three foundational philosophers in the tradition of Western Civilization.
* Speaking of “other research", the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy is an excellent online source that is usually a good first stop for philosophy research. The dictionary can be found at https://plato.stanford.edu/ (Links to an external site.)
Assignments have the following objectives:
- Identify and describe key concepts relevant to a theme presented in the assignment prompt.
- Explore ideas in philosophical depth beyond the presentation of course material.
- Examine course material in order to develop an informed investigation of your perspectives on a theme presented in the assignment.
- Research scholarly sources to help explore and expand students’ perspectives and develop critical thinking skills.
- Develop a cogent argument to support your position.
- All sources must be responsibly cited and referenced in APA format.
- Assignments should be around 1000 words.