11 Jun Midterm Essay Question
Midterm Essay Question:
As a student of human resource management in criminal justice organizations, you have studied the potential effects and cost associations of section 1983 liability lawsuits arising out of the violation of certain protected Civil Rights. Many times, such civil Liability risks can be handled with confidence gained through well-informed personnel who have been well trained in the topic. The author of the article you are to read for this essay provides a well-versed paper on the basics of Section 1983 Liability. This article is 8 pages with 29 additional informational pages. Use the article plus other research accordingly to properly prepare a full and adequate response. This is a policy question issue that will have long-term effects on your department/agency. The sections have been laid out for your use to get to the final recommendation for the CEO of choice contained in the very last question below.
As you write your essay answer this series of questions:
• How much training is enough?
• Do I need an attorney to teach this to my personnel?
• How often should it be taught?
• Should a department policy be updated with each new case?
• What policy will you recommend to your chief executive (police), your warden (corrections), your commissioner (state police), your sheriff, and/or any executive role with which you must deal?
• Do not forget to review the grading rubric.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the SafeAssign plagiarism tool.