14 Sep Week 10 Assignment – The Effects of Public Policy As you have learned, public policy is shaped by many factors and
Week 10 Assignment – The Effects of Public Policy
As you have learned, public policy is shaped by many factors and therefore evolves over time. For this assignment, you will focus on a specific advocacy organization and identify a policy or law that connects to the chosen organization. This will give you the opportunity to see this evolution within an actual organization and how it affects issues of politics, ethics, integrity, and society.
Your paper should be 5–6 pages in length. Choose an advocacy organization local to you. Then provide the following information:
- Identify your chosen organization and supply a brief history of it.
- Identify and briefly (in 1–2 paragraphs) explain the problem(s) or issue(s) that the organization is intended to address.
- Define the stated mission goal(s) of the organization. Has its mission goal(s) changed over time? If so, how?
- Identify one specific policy or law that your chosen organization is currently supporting. Provide information about the policy or law as well and why the organization is supporting it. Be sure to include information on how the organization is supporting that policy or law.
- Thinking about the information above, in your opinion, has the organization been successful in achieving its mission goal(s)? Why or why not?
Use at least four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your sources page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citing sources, access the library or review library guides.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate the relationship between the evolution of public policy and issues concerning politics, ethics, integrity, and society.