15 Sep Ethical Decision-Making Model
Ethical Decision-Making Model
1. Determine whether the matter truly involves ethics.
2. Consult guidelines already available that might apply as a possible mechanism for resolution.
3. Pause to consider, as best as possible, all factors that might influence the decision you will make.
4. Consult with a trusted colleague.
5. Evaluate the rights, responsibilities, and vulnerabilities of all affected parties.
6. Generate alternative decisions.
7. Enumerate the consequences of making each decision.
8. Make the decision.