15 Sep 1.Read page 102-103 on textbook 2.Watch these videos A) 5 Different Types of Leadership Styles https://www.youtub
1.Read page 102-103 on textbook
2.Watch these videos
A) 5 Different Types of Leadership Styles https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vilZazhIjoc
B) SAS Institute: Great Place to Work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0lJ9FcxFwc
C) Interview with Jim Goodnighthttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rShhKg7dnXE
3) Respond to the following discussion points:
- Describe the leadership styles adopted by both leaders — Jack Hartnett and Jim Goodnight, then compare and contrast them.
- Who do you think is more successful? Explain your answer.
- What do you think are the pros and cons of working for someone like Jack? Someone like Jim?
- Would you rather work for? Explain your answer.
- Based on contingency leadership contexts, who do you think is more effective? Explain in what situations the leadership styles would be more effective (Tip: You may use actual examples to illustrate).
4) Submit your assignment using a slide deck (not a written report!). You may use PowerPoint, Google slides, Prezi, or any other platform to present your assignment. Make sure to SHARE the slide deck with full edit access with me, if using Google slides or Prezi.5) The recommended number of slides: 8-10 (including the cover slide). You may add more slides if you wish, but not to exceed 12!6) If you want to include a detailed explanation of your slides, place these on the "notes" section beneath the slides. Do not clutter your slides with too much words! Suggested outline:
- Title or cover slide
- Assignment title
- Course name and YOUR section
- YOUR complete name
- Slide 1: Jack's leadership style
- Slide 2: Jim's leadership style
- Slide 3: Compare and contrast
- Slide 4: Who is more successful and why?
- Slide 5: Pros and cons of working for Jack or Jim
- Slide 6: Evaluation of both leadership styles within the leadership context.
- Slide 7: Who would you work for? Explain.
- Slide 8-9: Key learning points from this assignment (Hint: You can include applications of the leadership styles and what YOU have learned!)
6) Tip: apply concepts from Chapter 3, 4, and 6 and the materials for this assignment. Do some research on both leaders and pull in what you've learned into your presentation.
7) Do not forget to include a list of references and credit your sources if using resources outside of the book.
8) Be creative and insightful!