22 Nov Scenario Wanda has been fortunate that her dog treats have sold so well, but she has been reading about small-business ma
Wanda has been fortunate that her dog treats have sold so well, but she has been reading about small-business marketing and is concerned that as her business continues to grow, she may not get the highest return possible from her marketing dollars. One of the things she repeatedly encounters in her reading is that the “role of marketing is to identify, satisfy, and retain customers.” Has she really identified her customers? Are they satisfied? And, more important, how can she retain those customers she does have? In other words, do her customers or potential customers see the value in doing business with Salty Pawz?
Consider Wanda’s business, the products she sells, her customers, and markets.
- Write a value statement for Salty Pawz. Remember that a value statement is a business or marketing statement that summarizes why a consumer should buy a product or use a service. This statement should convince a potential consumer that one particular product or service will add more value or better solve a problem than other similar offerings.
- Explain how the value statement you have written reflects the role that marketing will play at Salty Pawz with regard to the following:
- Identifies a want or need of prospective customers,
- Satisfies those customers by delivering a product or service that addresses their needs,
- Retains customers by creating new opportunities to win their loyalty and business.