15 May Throughout ones career, workplace situations will involve negotiation and conflict with both members of management and fellow employees. An employ
Throughout one’s career, workplace situations will involve negotiation and conflict with both members of management and fellow employees. An employee may want a raise, more vacation time, or to be transferred to a different department, or they may sense favoritism of others. Communication amongst the involved parties in all of these types of situations is directly related to the negotiation process, which is employed to resolve the conflict, and create a successful outcome.
For this assignment, create or research an employee dispute involving negotiation and conflict resolution techniques. This can be a dispute between an employee and management, a group of employees and management, or a dispute among employees.
- Propose 3–4 ways that the negotiation process could alleviate or mitigate conflict amongst the parties involved.
- Identify at least three possible approaches to the negotiation, and determine the advantages and disadvantages of each approach in resolving the conflict.
- Identify the importance and description of skillful communication during the negotiation process so that each party feels understood, validated, and heard in order to create a successful outcome.
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of a mediation approach for an additional component of the chosen scenario.
- Examine 3–4 issues that litigation causes for both parties. Recommend at least two strategies that can be implemented to avoid and resolve the dispute.