24 Jun Read/watch all assigned materials listed for the week in the Course Content Cite to assigned materials in all responses in Learning Activities Use only assigned materi
General Instructions for Learning Activities
- Read/watch all assigned materials listed for the week in the Course Content
- Cite to assigned materials in all responses in Learning Activities
- Use only assigned materials to complete Learning Activities; do not use the internet unless otherwise instructed
- Include in-text citations and a Reference List for in-text citations
- Write in correct, complete sentences, in paragraph format unless otherwise instructed
- Submit Learning Activities to Assignment Folder
Tips for Formatting and Structuring Analysis:
- Write in complete sentences in paragraph format.
- Use in-text citations citing to relevant assignment materials.
- Double-space; 12-point Arial or Times Roman font.
- Introductory Sentence: Begin with an introductory sentence or very brief paragraph that states your conclusion to the questions asked.
- Concluding Sentence: End the discussion with a concluding sentence or a very brief paragraph that summarizes your conclusion/what you discussed.
- Support Arguments and Positions: Please refer to the module in Content, "How to Support Arguments and Positions".
Learning Activity: due 11:59 pm ET, Saturday
Background Facts You Need To Know: The Viral Clean ("Clean") owners are aware of the importance of contracts to both buy and sell goods and services. They are reviewing the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), Article 2, that covers contracts for the sales of goods.
Office Cleaning Pros (Pros), a local company, emailed Clean that it wanted to purchase some cleaning products.
The email stated the following sales details:
- Pros wanted to purchase six cases of Carpet Re-New disinfectant and cleaning solution from Clean.
- Price is $200 per case of Carpet Re-New
- Delivery was to be on or before April 1, 2019
- Delivery was to be made to Pros storage warehouse facility
Clean did not respond to the email, but on April 1, Clean delivered six cases of disinfectant and cleaning solution products to Pros office headquarters, located next door to Pros' storage warehouse facility. Pros moved the cleaning solution products from its headquarters to its storage warehouse facility.
Three days later, Pros inspected the six cases Clean had delivered and discovered all six cases contained Floor Re-New cleaning solution, not Carpet Re-New as specified in the sales contract.
Report You Need To Prepare: Prepare a report for Winnie and Ralph to discuss with the Clean owners.
Referring to the scenario above, review UCC, Article 2, and respond to the following:
1. Analyze and explain whether a contract was created between Clean and Pros under the UCC.
2. Evaluate and discuss the rights and obligations of Pros following the inspection.
3. Evaluate and discuss the rights and obligations of Clean, under the circumstances, following delivery and Pros' inspection of the goods.
Tips for Formatting Report: The report should use the following format
TO: Winnie James, Ralph Anders
FROM: your name
RE: Clean Sales Contracts