18 Sep For the course project, you will create an annotated bibliography of five sources that cites and describes four of the best Internet resources on a specified topic and one of the b
For the course project, you will create an annotated bibliography of five sources that cites and describes four of the best Internet resources on a specified topic and one of the best library database resources.
You should use all of the search tools and evaluation criteria you have learned about in this course. The course project is due by 9/22. The project is worth 100 points. You may choose your own topic, but it must be approved by your instructor. You should have your project topic submitted by 9/20. Submit the project to your instructor as a Word document, in this drop box.
NOTE: You do not have to write an actual research paper. The project is designed to use the research skills you have learned in this class and will help you in future classes where you will be writing research papers. Take a look at the sample course project as a general guideline for completing your project.
- Choose a topic of interest. Be careful not to choose a topic that is too broad or too narrow.
- Include both the topic AND a thesis statement with your bibliography.
- Find four different Internet resources and one library database resource that you think to provide the most authoritative information about your topic. Include Web pages and ebooks (if appropriate).
- Use the project checklist to evaluate all resources retrieved. Describe each of the five resources you have chosen, making sure you address each issue on the checklist for each of the five resources.
- Cite each resource using the APA citation format. Pay close attention to the proper placement of punctuation and underlining. You will lose points if your material is not cited properly.
- Use the examples in the Sample Project as a general guideline for completing your project. There are examples of documents from organizations, commercial, educational, and government sites. LOOK CAREFULLY AT THE CITATION FORMAT FOR EACH.
- Pay attention to grammar, punctuation, and spelling when writing your annotations. Points will be deducted for incorrect grammar, capitalization, and punctuation.