18 Sep Watch the video ’10 Minutes with Geert Hofstede on Uncertainty Avoidance.’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZF6LyGne7Q Watch the video ‘The right way to ask questions about you
Posted at 04:20h in Business & Finance / Management
- Review the rubric to make sure you understand the criteria for earning your grade.
- Watch the video "10 Minutes with Geert Hofstede on Uncertainty Avoidance."
- Watch the video "The right way to ask questions about your colleague’s race." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5lQdOSBot4
- Download, review, and answer the questions located in the Cultural Map document.
- Navigate to the discussion below and post a substantive response answering the questions below (a–e). Once you have answered the questions, create a mapping diagram using SmartArt located in Microsoft Word to demonstrate your cultural competency.
- List all of the various cultures that you belong to (or that have influenced the way you communicate). There are no right or wrong answers. You can identify any and all cultures (as we have defined that term) that make sense to you.
- Graphically “map” all of the cultures in terms of their importance in your life now and their relation to each other. You can use any format you wish to map things. You may use different geometric shapes for various cultures, different sizes, etc.
- Draw points of tension between your cultures. Which cultures tend to have norms for behavior that differ? That conflict? Which cultures are most in tension in this way? Draw arrows or other indicators to show that.
- Which of these cultural tensions are most likely to cause you internal conflict?
- Which of these cultural tensions are most likely to cause conflict with others?
- Your initial response (map) is due by the end of Workshop Three.
- Your initial response is due by the end of Workshop Three.