01 Mar Summarize three scholarly articles about learning organizations and use the information in the articles to describe different aspects of learning organizations. Introduction Like people,
Posted at 01:40h in Business & Finance / Management
- Summarize three scholarly articles about learning organizations and use the information in the articles to describe different aspects of learning organizations.
Like people, healthy organizations "learn." An organization becomes a "learning organization" when it develops processes, systems, and human resources that are capable of sharing knowledge, continuously innovating, and benefitting from mistakes and failures as well as successes. This process leads to a corporate mindset of continuous improvement—always striving for perfection along the way, understanding that perfection is a state which will never be fully achieved.
What is the relationship between strategy and structure in designing a high-performance organization? The strategy will determine whether the structure is oriented toward functions, products, markets, geographies, or work processes. High-performing learning organizations have emerging designs that help connect structures of relationships and flows of information that allow them to evolve and transform, reinventing themselves for long-term sustainability.
To prepare for this assessment, use the Capella library to search for articles using the exact term learning organizations. Select at least three scholarly articles to use in this assessment.
For this assessment, complete the following:
- Briefly summarize each of the three articles you selected and explain why you selected each article.
- Use the information presented in the articles to address the following:
- Explain what a learning organization is.
- Describe at least three ways that an organization might "learn."
- Describe the benefits of an organization being a learning organization.
- Describe any disadvantages to an organization being a learning organization.
- Format this assessment as a research paper following current APA guidelines for style and citing sources, making sure you also use correct grammar and mechanics. There is no required minimum or maximum page length; however, you should strive to be as detailed as possible in addressing each part and bullet point while being as clear and concise as possible.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Analyze the historical perspectives of the study of organizational structure and design and its applications in today's world.
- Explain the meaning of "learning organization."
- Competency 2: Analyze the impact of learning and performance in organizational structures.
- Describe the ways an organization can learn.
- Describe the benefits of being a learning organization.
- Describe disadvantages of being a learning organization.