17 Sep The chief legal officer (CLO) of your company is impressed with your knowledge of global economics and has asked you to gather data on institutions governing trade and the types of t
The chief legal officer (CLO) of your company is impressed with your knowledge of global economics and has asked you to gather data on institutions governing trade and the types of trade restrictions. Such knowledge is essential to your company’s success in domestic and foreign markets. You are to present your findings at the quarterly meeting of global operations.
Help with this Unit 4 project is in Chapters 12 and 16 of Managerial Economics: Foundations of Business Analysis and Strategy.
Examine the institutions that govern global trade. What services or benefits do they provide for businesses? Address the following in your presentation:
- One slide: Choose 1 or 2 such organizations.
- Two slides: Examine their original purpose and presence in the global economy.
- Two slides: Does your chosen company face any restrictions that would increase its costs (e.g., embargos, tariffs, and quotas}?
- Three slides: Identify and describe any recent changes in any of these institutions.
- For instance, do regional trade agreements of which the United States is a part of provide an improved trade environment for U.S. businesses?
- Three slides: Regulatory environment—Do these institutions and their policies represent any risk to the company?
- Two slides: Environmental laws
- Two slides: Labor laws
Deliverable Requirements: Your presentation on Institutions Governing Trade and the Types of Trade Restrictions: Essential Success in Domestic and Foreign Markets will be a PowerPoint of at least 15 slides in length (excluding title and reference slides). You must use the Notes sections with academic citations supporting your decisions and analysis. A variety of academic sources is encouraged. Be sure to cite sources using the APA style, including references and in-text citations.
Submitting your assignment in APA format means, at a minimum, you will need the following:
- Title slide: Remember the running head. The title should be in all capitals.
- Length: 15 slides minimum
- Body slides: This begins on the slide following the title slide and must be double-spaced (be careful not to triple- or quadruple-space between paragraphs). The typeface should be 12-pt. Times Roman or 12-pt. Courier in regular black type. Do not use color, bold type, or italics, except as required for APA-level headings and references. The deliverable length of the body of your presentation for this assignment is 15 slides. In-body academic citations to support your decisions and analysis are required. A variety of academic sources is encouraged.
- Reference slide: References that align with your in-body academic sources are listed on the final slide of your presentation. The references must be in APA format using appropriate spacing, hanging indent, italics, and uppercase and lowercase usage as appropriate for the type of resource used. Remember, the Reference slide is not a bibliography but a further listing of the abbreviated in-body citations used in the presentation. Every referenced item must have a corresponding in-body citation.