04 Feb How to create Gantt Chart in Microsoft Project for Beginners
- How to create Gantt Chart in Microsoft Project (for Beginners) (10 min video)
- How to Create Project Gantt Chart in MS Project (15 min video)
- Watch the 2 videos above prior to starting your assignment.
- Create task: for each of the high-level tasks normally called the summary task, include at least 5 tasks below each summary task.
- Make sure the task under the summary task is indented.
- Add how many days it will take for each task.
- Make sure that each task as a successors and predecessors except for the first and last task. The first task only has a successor the last task only has a predecessor.
- Make sure there is a milestone for each summary task.
- Submit the Gantt chart to the assignment folder.
Hint the project management tasks normally are called Level of Effort (LOE) and will last the entire project.
If you do not have access to MS Project, please use one of the below tools that offers a “free” online version: