11 Sep Question This practical application requires you to compute additional Medicare tax for a high-wage earner and rep
This practical application requires you to compute additional Medicare tax for a high-wage earner and report the information using the applicable tax form.
Tax forms are used to report PBC and source document information on your individual income tax return (e.g. Form 1040).
- By Saturday at 11:59 P.M., CT.
Lionel, a single taxpayer, reported $46,175 of self-employment income on his 2018 Schedule SE, Section B, Line 6.
Lionel also received two Forms W-2 in 2018; the applicable amounts for Medicare wages and Medicare tax withheld are summarized below:
LIONEL'S W-2 FORMS
Form W-2 DescriptionForm W-2 Box #AmountEmployer A
Medicare wages and tipsBox 5119,000.00Employer A
Medicare tax withheldBox 61,725.50Employer B
Medicare wages and tipsBox 570,000.00Employer B
Medicare tax withheldBox 61,015.00
- Prepare Form 8959 (Parts I, II, IV, V)
- Download Form 8959 – Compensation Practical Application.pdf.
- Complete Parts I, II, IV and V of Form 8959 using the case information provided above.
- Submit the completed tax form.